Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What's for Breakfast? Whole Os!

I miss Cheerios. 

You do too, admit it. Multigrain, honey nut, banana nut, berry burst, frosted, yogurt covered, and even the plain 'ol standard in the yellow box. God, I miss cheerios. 

They're iconic. Like Minute Maid, like Campbell's soup, and Little Debbie. Eating a bowl of Cheerios is like pulling up a chair
 to a Norman Rockwell painting; it's pure Americana. 
...And their adorable commercials about kids trying to help their parents lower their cholesterol by hiding the perfect little Os in the pockets of their coats? Yeah, only another aid in the infinite Cheerio crave-ability as far as I'm concerned. 

I truly love cereal. I eat it plain or with berries, with milk, mixed into plain yogurt, mixed into chocolate yogurt, or even straight out of the box. I would eat it on a plane, I would eat it in the rain...you get the picture. 

Anyhow, imagine my cereal lovin' joy when the kind people at Nature's Path offered me the chance to try out their new Whole Os. I would've said yes even if Nature's Path wasn't already the home of some of my other GF cereal faves like Honey'd Corn Flakes and EnvirokKidz Peanut Butter Panda Puffs. 

Whole Os, a blend of rice and corn sweetened with pomegranate juice, isn't just a yummy addition to your gluten free cereal pantry, this cereal is also rich in healthy, Celiac safe, whole grains - a dietary necessity that we gluten freers know isn't always easy to come by. 

While I'm not saying these Whole Os had the exact taste of my much missed Cheerios, I did enjoy the crunchy, oat-y taste (worry not, they're oat free), the shape, and how they stayed buoyant in milk! Best of all, I really enjoyed looking down at my cereal bowl and thinking of it just as breakfast rather than, my gluten free alternative. 

On the whole (har har), I'll be buying these whole Os the next time I get a Cheerios craving - thanks, Nature's Path! 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I keep seeing people review these but I haven't seen them in the store! Gah!

Inversiones en petroleo said...

It's like going into a Cold Stone or Krispy Kreme only to find "low fat" or maybe even "healthy" options on the menu

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin